Dust in the wind
21st January 2013 with 14 comments
You probably recognize this theme from Seek Liza, which is now unfortunately a spam site (I refuse to link it because that just gives them what would have been my traffic, ya know?). I decided to go back to using it because I really did love it then, and I still love it now. The site name (6birds, ONE word) looks a bit odd with this theme, but I don’t really care. 6sticks was the first theme I actually tried out a full-blown dynamic sidebar on, and it actually got on my nerves in some places1.
I’ve also grown a bit tired of how I made the links a dark grey and bold, and the actual strong/bold a different color, closer to red, because I kept getting confused because it seemed like it should have been the other way around. In the end, I did learn how to do a couple new things that I hadn’t known how to do previously, which was my intention.
Aside from being annoyed with my own creation, this one is blue (yay!), and it feels warm and cozy. Although I’m into using a lot of symbolism in my writing, I can’t say that the symbolic meaning of blue is why I like blue.
Other reasons I’m back to this theme include, but do not limit to:
- I wanted a theme that was a bit wider than ~600px or so for the content container (or did I have it on 500px?)
- I wanted a prettier sidebar
- I really like the font that was used
- I paid for it. No one else could ever get one exactly like mine unless Georgie makes them one (and I paid for mine, so. ~)
- It’s nice, clean, minimal and doesn’t have a lot of distractions, if any.
- I want to use it
- I can use it
So… yeah. I’m also going to be working on dehlu.org2.
…and I’m going to be working on Hope Fades (which is going before dehlu.org as far as the priorities go), as it was supposed to be completed by January of this year.
- One would be on searches, another on specific categories, and so on. ↩
- I’ve decided to buy a domain with my name or the .nu one I really want (because this one goes well with my blog and it’s just PERFECT.) in the near future when I can afford to purchase one, because let’s face it: No one knows how to pronounce “dehlu”. I just assume it’s “duh-loo”, like the sound of “d” plus “l”, which equals “dl”, which still sounds awkward to say because it sounds too much like I’m from the south (yeah, yeah, I think Texas is as south as I can get). Therefore, I try really hard to not have to say it. I just don’t have anything else to use for my collective or anything. ↩