6birds is my personal blog. Here I blog about a number of things. I decided to start over recently, so it’s a bit blank and boring. However, I plan on spicing it up a bit more later on as time progresses.
6birds is one “word”; it is not spaced or anything, no matter what you see anywhere else.
My dad gave me an American Express Giftcard for Christmas in 2009. With it, I tried many stores and places, and I couldn’t find anyone who knew how to use it for me to use it (now, though, I know how…), so I started looking online. It took a lot of looking and failing until I saw that Google Checkout allows the AE giftcards. Then I learned that NameCheap allowed (and still does) Google Checkout for adding money to an account. From there, I added just enough to buy a domain name, and wah-lah! Even though I keep renewing it, I think of it as the best gift ever. Buying and owning and having complete control over 6birds.net has been an amazing journey, and the experience I’ve had has been nice. /end cheesiness.
I’ve owned 6birds since February 2010. It’s my baby, and I plan on always having it.
- I now accept advertising requests on 6birds.
- I have the right to deny an advertisement request.
- Advertisements are $5/mo. per button - rotating.
- I do not write sponsored posts, including reviews.
- This includes including a paid link in my blog post(s)/pages.
- I will not participate in a link exchange. If you’re on my blogroll, then you’ll appear on the rotation displayed on the sidebar if I choose to have one.
Comments & commenting
I figured creating this page would be fair considering the “Commenting Guidelines” tab above the text box:
All comments are held for moderation by me until they are approved. Comments related to the blog post are appreciated, rather than messages simply commenting on the website. Comments are responded to (as a reply here or as a response at your website) at my own discretion. Your email is used for Gravatar and may be used to contact you directly.
If you are commenting my blog posts simply because you want me to comment back, you’re commenting them for all the wrong reasons. If you are commenting me back, thank you, but it’s not required. Granted gaining more traffic is nice and whatnot, but I favor quality over quantity.
I’ll most likely reply to your comment directly on my website if I have something to say to your reply. Sometimes I have something to say but lack the proper wording for it, so I’ll simply accept your comment without replying to it if that is the case.
Not all comments are accepted, and sometimes comments are even edited. If you have too many grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. errors, I will most likely just delete your comment before even reading it. It’s nothing against you; I just lack that patience.
There is a field for your URL; if you link me to your website there, then there is no point in linking me to it in your comment. Please do not leave shameless plugs/advertisements, as I do not wish to have those on my website (unless I put them there). Please note that these will be removed before your comment is approved.
I’ll get back to your blog, maybe/eventually.
- I collect your name, email, website URL, computer type, browser and IP address.
- Unless required by law, your personal information will never be given to anyone.
- If you attempt to hack into my site/log in, you will be blocked & your IP address will be added to the list of shame. You’ll have to contact me to have it removed. Make sure you’ve an excellent explanation.
- This site uses plugins that may collect cookies.